Lincoln County has a vacancy on the Nonprofit Social Service Agency Allocation Review Committee.
This committee recommends which non-profit agencies should receive funding and the amount of funding based on specific criteria established by the Board of Commissioners.
Frequency of Meetings: One night meeting/year (occasionally may require additional review).
An agency qualifies to make an application if it is a 501(c)(3) private, nonprofit social agency providing direct services to either the general population of Lincoln County or targeted segments of that population within the county. Allocations can be made for on-going operational expenses, equipment purchases, capital improvements and associated expenses, service improvements or expansions or any combination of the above.
Allocations will be awarded by the Board of Commissioners based on the recommendations of a Review Committee appointed by the Board.
The Review Committee may request additional information from applicants and may, at its discretion, schedule informal meetings with applicants to clarify information. The Review Committee will recommend funding allocations to the Board of Commissioners. The criteria the Review Committee and Board will generally use to review the applications include:
- Provider of direct social services to citizens within Lincoln County
- Historical support by Lincoln County of agency’s operations and activities
- Record of service in the County
- Demonstrated sound financial and administrative capabilities
- Unavailability of services through other sources
- Avoidance of duplication of services from either governmental or other nonprofit agencies
- Experience in coordinating services with other agencies across spectrum of social services provided in the County
- Accessibility of programs and facilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act
Completed applications may be delivered in person/mailed to, Lincoln County Courthouse, 225 W. Olive Street, Room #110, Newport, OR 97365 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org